The Water Treatment Plant Assistant Superintendent is responsible for the continuous operation and maintenance of a Class IV Water Supply Works and the delivery of safe, clear and sufficient water to the community. The Water Supply Works consists of the treatment plant, two (2) elevated water towers, a lime storage lagoon, and a raw water pump station which collects raw water from three (3) separate surface water intakes and four bedrock wells. This position is responsible for the daily operation of a 10 million gallon per day treatment plant that currently treats 3.15 million gallons per day. The Water Plant Assistant Superintendent shall also be responsible for the development, implementation and enforcement of any new or existing United States or Ohio Environmental Protection Agency requirements as they become applicable.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience in a surface water treatment facility, preferred.
- A valid Ohio Class III Water Supply certificate with the ability to obtain a Class IV certificate within five (5) years.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a Class III plant or higher or Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of operation of a water treatment plant and the associated work of both a Microbiological and Wet Chemistry laboratory.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the public and co-workers.
- Mechanical ability and experience in the maintenance of a water treatment plant.
- A valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
Required residency in Shelby County or an adjacent county throughout employment To apply for the position and view a more detailed Job Description, Benefit Summary and Job Application form go to our web site http://www.sidneyoh.com/Human_Resources/Employment-sidney-ohio.asp or the Receptionist at 201 W. Poplar St. Sidney, OH 45365. Application will be accepted for this position until Friday, February 22, 2019. Mail to 201 W. Poplar St. Sidney OH 45365, Fax: 937 498-8160 or email: Vallen@sidneyoh.com.