Are you looking for an exciting career where you're part of a world class team? Then consider working for our Public Works Department! We are searching for a professional ready to serve our world class community. "Water" you waiting for? Apply today!
The City of Southlake is a place where we come together to enrich the quality of life for those who live, work, and play here. We strive to exceed expectations by delivering memorable experiences, world class services, and a thoughtfully planned, well-maintained City. The Southlake Way inspires us to respectfully deliver excellent services, creating positive and lasting impressions. Learn more about our values.
Keeping employees safe and healthy is one of our biggest priorities at The City of Southlake. New workplace practices have been put in place to protect employees and reduce their exposure to COVID-19. Employees are provided the necessary personal protective equipment gear and are properly trained to ensure optimal safety standards.
What You Will Be Doing
Our professionals are the most important resource in our service commitment to our customers. We nurture a progressive environment where challenging, empowered, and purposeful work is celebrated.
Our Water Distribution Technicians OR Distribution Operators perform proper maintenance of the water distribution and wastewater collection systems. This is accomplished by maintaining City owned fire hydrants, valves, manholes, water meters, and City mains. Additional duties include safe operations of various small equipment and/or vehicles in order to complete other projects as assigned. Click hereto view the complete job description. Other essential functions include:
- Equipment Operation: Operates a variety of City equipment and vehicles including but not limited to: vac-trailer, pipe saws, chainsaws, light duty pickups, and other utility equipment.
- Water and Wastewater Job Proficiency: Maintains and/or repair water lines, sewer lines, fire hydrants, lift stations, and relative components. Repairs manholes and/or vaults, removes and replaces manhole lids and/or meter box lids. Installs, reads, and/or replaces water meters. Cleans, maintains, and inspects all equipment, tools, and vehicles for safe operations and notifies any
Water Distribution License and CDL pay - $17.91/ hourWithout
Water Distribution License and no CDL pay - $14.74/ hour
The Benefits of Working Here
- Competitive pay and exceptional medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Retirement program (TMRS) with City matching 2:1
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday pay
- City paid LTD, AD&D, and Life insurance
- Longevity Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Champions Club Membership Discount (resident rate)
- Ongoing training
- City provided certifications
- Employee Assistance Program
What You Bring To Us
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a Class B Texas Commercial Driver's License within 12 months of employment.
- Work may require unusual hours and the ability to be on call after business hours.
- Ability to remain flexible with your schedule.
- You work for the greater good of the City and live the values every day.
- You graciously serve those who live, work, and play here.
- You are a good steward of City resources and are empowered to make decisions aligned with the City's strategy.
- You anticipate customer needs and relentlessly pursue solutions.
- You take pride in your work. It's your community!
- You are warm and sincere and listen with empathy.
- You own the experience and make each moment memorable.
Close March 18, 2021