Loudoun Water, a public water and sewer utility located in Ashburn, Virginia, has an opening for a Facility Engineer. The individual will perform engineering work in support of Loudoun Water’s Operations & Maintenance Division. We are looking for a highly-motivated self starter with an eye for quality and excellent technical and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Essential functions include:
- Providing technical assistance to the Operations & Maintenance Division: wastewater treatment facility operations, maintenance, process control, electrical, laboratory, regulatory, community systems, and other related technical areas.
- Reviewing process control across wastewater treatment facilities. Advises on goals and targets for facility operation. Provides guidance and resources to operations staff.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and optimizing processes. Directs and participates in data analysis.
- Participating in facility planning and process design from brainstorming through all phases of design, implementation, startup, operation, optimization, and modifications.
- Providing operational information by preparing, reviewing and approving necessary reports, studies and correspondence. Provide input into preparation of complex specifications, contract documents, reports, correspondence, studies and other technical documents as needed.
- Providing complex design support, and regulatory interpretations in light of technical, regulatory, and contractual requirements. Review operations processes and facility designs, analyze existing systems, manage desktop analyses, lab and pilot scale testing, plan reviews, startup troubleshooting and long-term optimization; reviews or approves changes to design and contract provisions.
- Serving as departmental liaison and coordinator regarding computer systems, including but not limited to: electronic Operations Manual and HachWIMS. Provide training and answers technical questions for staff. Advises on the suitability and impact of proposed software and hardware.
- Maintaining models of the water and/or wastewater facilities to assist in design, operation, and optimization.
Requirements: Increasingly responsible experience in operations and engineering of water and/or wastewater treatment facilities. An advanced degree in civil or environmental engineering or related field is preferred.
Special Requirements: Eligibility for or licensed as a Professional Engineer in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Virginia Professional Engineer License within six (6) months of appointment. Possession of a valid driver’s license. Eligibility for or licensed as a Wastewater Works Operator in the Commonwealth of Virginia is preferred.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org or send completed applications to Loudoun Water, HR Department, PO Box 4000, Ashburn, VA 20146 or by fax to 571.223.2079. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE