$111,358.00 - $134,525.00
Are you eager to produce phenomenal work in the areas of Water Distribution planning, construction, operational maintenance, and team building? Has your open work style allowed you to bring value that has made positive impact? Then APPLY today and continue that work with Napa, benefiting not only the employees of the Distribution Team but also the community we serve!
City of Napa is the centerpiece, the dynamic hub, of the idyllic Napa Valley. Famous for its wineries, Napa offers an incredible combination of suburban amenities, rural environment and the urban benefits of being only one hour from San Francisco and the Pacific Ocean. Our historic character, natural style, and outstanding attractions have enabled it to become a quality residential community as well as one of the nation's elite tourist destinations.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants to fill the Water Distribution Superintendent vacancy. You will hold at least a D4 certification, report to the Deputy Utilities Director, operate and maintain over 350 miles of pressure pipleline up to 42 inches in diameter and be a meaningful part of the Utilities Department core leadership team. You will lead a team of approximately 20 employees. Water Distribution processes interact collaboratively with treatment, engineering and administrative staff within the Utilities Department.
In addition to your qualifications, you will have experience demonstrating the following:
- Technical Knowledge and Skills - Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in functional areas related to distribution operations procedures/practices.
- Managing Work - Handling one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently; ability to self-manage and practice independent judgment.
- Coaching/Mentoring - Engaging an individual in developing and committing to an action plan that targets specific behaviors, skills, or knowledge needed to ensure performance improvement or prepare for success in new responsibilities.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Resolving Conflict - Effectively resolve an antagonistic situation to minimize damage to the relationships and promote shared goals; using appropriate interpersonal methods to reduce tension and facilitate agreement.
- Building a Successful Team - Using appropriate methods and a strong leadership style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals.
- Authenticity - Gaining other people's trust by demonstrating openness and integrity, behaving consistently, and acting in accordance with moral, ethical, professional, and City guidelines.
- Safety Intervention - Knows conditions that affect the team or self under normal conditions and conditions that occur in crisis situations; skilled in identifying conditions that might cause hazards.
- Interpersonal Communications - Develops and maintains effective working relationships; relates well to people from varied backgrounds and in different situations; shows understanding, courtesy, tact, patience, concern and kindness.
- Driving for Results - Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to watch progress toward goals; consistently working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
To learn more and apply please click here.