Job Title: Water/Wastewater Supervisor
Reports to: Public Works Director
Duties include, but not limited to, the following:
- a good knowledge of the operation of various tools/equipment
- supervising and performing more skilled work i the installation, maintenance and replacement of water lines and maintenance thereof.
- perform other related duties assigned by the Public Works Director
Essential Job Functions:
- supervises the maintenance and repair of water main, fire hydrants, valves, and equipment necessary for the continuous operation of the water distribution lines and systems.
- maintains a long term schedule for upgrades, repairs and replacement of water lines
- selects, assigns, directs and evaluates the work of crews engaged in the installation, maintenance and repairs of water utility systems
- compiles and maintains accurate written and computerized records
- inspects work in process and completed projects
- locates supply sources for replacement and repair parts for water system
- keeps inventory of parts used to maintain the water distribution lines
- available to work crews after hours
- performs related work as required
- collects water samples
- submits reports to TCEQ
Experience: Two (2) years experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of water distribution systems. Two (2) years supervisory with water distribution lines. TCEQ Class "C" water and wastewater certification. Thorough knowledge of material, methods, equipment and techniques used in repair and construction of water lines.