This position will provide administrative support to the IT Services Division of Austin Water through a focus on organization, planning, efficiency, innovation within the scope of the position, and providing outstanding customer services to Austin Water staff and external customers. This Administrative Specialist will process division and departmental purchases as directed. This role is well-suited for someone seeking an exciting opportunity in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, be extremely organized, technologically savvy, have strong knowledge of purchasing processes and expense reports, have excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, be an innovative thinker to foster improvement and efficiency, and be able to work collaboratively within a diverse team environment.
Working with Austin Water provides a number of benefits including medical, paid leave time, a great retirement plan, training opportunities and more! Click HERE for more information.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university with major course work in Business or Public Administration or related field, plus four (4) years experience in a professional/administrative capacity.
- Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated experience in planning and organizing, to include coordinating calendars for multiple managers, and working with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service, including research and resolution to complex issues and professional communications in person, on the phone, and in writing.
- Skill and experience in preparing written communications, including creating, reviewing, and editing memos, reports, correspondence, meeting minutes, and presentations.
- Experience with complex timekeeping, including providing guidance on policies, verifying time-sheets, and entering payroll data into an automated timekeeping system such as ADP, PeopleSoft or Banner.
- Experience in inventorying and procurement, to include working with other departments and vendors to meet strict payment deadlines, and using financial management software to process invoice and purchase reconciliation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.
$23.62 – $27.42
Monday – Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with flexibility to telework
May work other hours as needed
Waller Creek Center, 625 E 10th St, Austin, TX 78701
Criminal Background Investigation
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.