Leadership position within the City's Environmental Services Department with responsibility for the daily operation of the City's wastewater utility including an advanced A2O wastewater reclamation facility, Wastewater Collections, Environmental Control and Reclaimed Water.
Largo employees enjoy excellent benefits, wellness offerings, competitive pay, and outstanding training & professional development opportunities, and provides a friendly, supportive workplace.
Providing the Largo community with superior services in a welcoming and informative manner is our goal. When you decide that you are ready for the next step in your career, consider becoming part of our team!
For more details and application instructions, please go to: www.largo.com/jobs
The City of Largo - Naturally A Great Place to Work!
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil or Chemical Engineering, Environmental Sciences or Environmental Policy, Public Administration, or other directly-related field
- At least seven years experience in municipal public works or environmental management / wastewater or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of one (1) year supervisory, team leader or project team lead experience
Valid Florida Driver's License *or* valid license from another state for transfer within 30 days from employment
- Possession of a State of Florida Class "A" Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators License preferred
Engineering background is helpful.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of:
- wastewater management field including Wastewater Collections Systems, Wastewater Treatment Plant operations, and regulatory agency requirements
- basic principles and practices of civil engineering as it relates to the Department's environmental services obligations
- Ability to:
- plan for short- and long-term needs of the City in the area of wastewater management
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials, employees, professional engineers, contractors, general public, and environmental agencies
- communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in business and proprietary software
- Advanced presentation skills for community and commission meetings