Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
- The Utility Locate position consists primarily of locating City of Lacey utilities as required by RCW 19.122.
- Perform all utility locates for the City of Lacey including Water, Reclaimed Water, Wastewater, Storm, and Electrical Departments locates.
- Knowledgeable and aware of Washington's RCW 19.122 (Dig Law) and changes to the Dig Law.
- Knowledgeable and proficient with mapping programs and software such as ARC GIS, AutoCad, and sewer televising databases.
- Understand and read maps, as-build drawings and construction prints.
- Assist with filing and closing out utility locates on the NTMS (National Ticket Management System) website and the City of Lacey database(s). Fill out dirt reports for breaks and violations.
- Proficient with the use of a laptop computer, tablet, or other electronic devices used to gather information for utility locating.
- Knowledgeable and proficient with electronic locating equipment tools such as radio frequency locators, metal detectors, and ground penetrating radar.
- Other duties include doing data entry for the UDF (Flushing) database, closing out valve preventative maintenance work orders, and printing map corrections.
- Use of GPS equipment to collect and inventory water and sewer facilities locations.