King County WA
Salary: $64,958 to $90,522 Annually
Close Date: Nov. 19, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
The responsibilities of this classification include operating, monitoring and maintaining wastewater treatment and odor control equipment, systems and processes in a wastewater (primary and secondary) treatment facility and/or the collection and conveyance systems. Responsibilities may also include coordinating, training and providing technical expertise to other wastewater treatment operations staff and coordinating on-site responses to unusual occurrences and emergencies.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment processes, including preliminary, primary, secondary, digestion, gas handling systems, sludge handling and plant-wide air, water, electrical and hydraulic support systems.
- Knowledge of collection systems, including pump stations, regulator stations and miscellaneous structures, and of disinfecting methods
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical theory, cross-connections, and pumps
- Knowledge of wastewater terminology and process control
- Knowledge of industrial safety procedures and practices
- Knowledge of and skill in applying sampling, testing and laboratory procedures
- Communications skills
- Basic mathematics, algebra and computer application skills
- Skill in reading, recording and interpreting instrumentation and control gauges and meters
- Skill in operating basic hand and power tools and specialized equipment
- Skill in operating complex computer control systems and identifying normal and abnormal operating conditions
- Skill in the interpretation and application of technical information from plant drawings, operations and maintenance manuals and lab tests
- Skill in manually starting and stopping equipment, systems, and processes
- Skill in establishing and maintaining work relationships with diverse occupational groups
LICENSING / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Washington State Wastewater Group I or higher issued from the Washington State Department of Ecology
- Washington State Driver's License or out-of-state equivalent
- CPR and first aid certification – can be achieved within the first six months of employment