Spanaway Water Company is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong public water system related skills for the position of General Manager.
About Spanaway Water Company:
Spanaway Water Company is a growing non-profit mutual water company currently providing water serve to over 10,000 residential and 400 business connections in the suburban area south of Tacoma. The system provides water through approximately 140 miles of mains, utilizing eleven wells, three storage tanks, and one booster station over approximately ten square miles. The Company has 21 employees including office and field staff and the management team. A seven-member Board of Directors establishes the policies for the Company.
General Manager Responsibilities:
Under the general direction of the Board of Directs, the General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Company, including operations and maintenance, water quality, regulatory compliance, administration, capital improvements, financial planning, and technical management.
The general manager serves as the direct responsible charge for the water system in all interactions with state, local, or federal agencies.
Candidates must hold and maintain a Washington State Department of Health Water Distribution Manager III or IV Certification. A minimum ten years of direct experience in water system operation, production, treatment, quality, and distribution, including a minimum of five years in a supervisory position is required for employment consideration.
• An employment history demonstrating the management of a water utility, or portion thereof, that is of a similar or larger size and complexity.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulation relating to public water systems, water quality, the Safe Drinking Water Act, Department of Health regulations, Washington State water rights,
• Technical experience related to public water system infrastructure operations and maintenance.
• Demonstrated history of preparing and presenting written documents, presentations, reports, and plans to and for a governing body, federal, state, and local agencies, customers, stakeholders, and the public.
• Responsibilities for development and implementation of budgets and financial planning including capital projects.
• Supervision, evaluation, and motivation of employees and outside contractors
• Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers, regulators, and the public to resolve potentially highly sensitive issues.
• Participation or leadership in local or state organizations or committees addressing public water supply issues.
• Competent skills in the use of computer software including MS Office, AutoCad, financial and billing programs.
• A strong sense of public service, public responsibility, public health and environmental protection.
Salary and Benefits:
• DOQ Minimum $99,400 to $130,665 annually
• Excellent medical, dental, and vision plan fully funded
• Vacation and sick leave program
• Voluntary 401k plan with up to 1% employer match
• Training opportunities
• Excellent work environment
Resume Filing Period:
Resume must be received by COB Friday, January 15, 2020. If sufficient resumes have not been received, then the filing period end date may be extended.
Resumes can be hand delivered to our office located at 18413 B Street East, Spanaway, WA 98387 or mailed to Spanaway Water Company, P.O. Box 1000, Spanaway. WA 98387.