The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
- Experience with wastewater treatment and pump station engineering. For example: Principles, practices, materials, costs, construction techniques, current trends, regulations, standards and equipment.
- Experience with engineering program & project management including contract administration, planning, and organization principles.
- Experience managing budget, cost control, and administrative practices and policies.
- Experience planning, assigning, supervising and coordinating the work of professional and/or technical subordinates.
- Experience preparing, reviewing, approving, and interpreting engineering plans and specifications.
- Experience communicating scientific and technical matters to non-technical individuals, including policymakers and the public.
Applicants must also possess:
- A valid state driver's license and an acceptable driving record at the time of hire
- A certificate to practice as a registered Professional Engineer
- An Oregon Professional Engineer Certificate within six months after appointment