Zone 7 provides treated drinking water to four major water retailers serving around 220,000 residents and businesses. The retailers are: the City of Pleasanton; the City of Livermore; California Water Service Company - Livermore; and Dublin San Ramon Services District, which provides water service to Dublin and the Dougherty Valley area of San Ramon.
Salary: $60.93 - $74.06/hour; $126,734.40 - $154,044.80/year
The incumbents in this classification are responsible for organizing and supervising maintenance, construction and flood control activities, and for planning and coordinating with other agency departments to ensure effective utilization of resources. Incumbents oversee and/or perform all functions of project management, including design, purchasing and contract administration, direction of staff, and inspection of completed work.
This is a first-line supervisory classification Under general direction, plans, organizes, coordinates and directs maintenance and construction activities for Zone 7's water production, treatment, distribution facilities, and flood control areas; and performs related work as assigned. This classification is distinguished from the Production Manager, which is a division head classification with overall management authority and responsibility for the operations and maintenance of water treatment, distribution systems and flood control areas for the Agency.
The ideal candidate has experience with a proven track record of success that demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Fully understands the technical components of water systems maintenance, flood and/or construction management;
- Supervisory experience that includes staff management and mentoring;
- Effective time management demonstrated by efficient preparation, scheduling, prioritization and an understanding of appropriate delegation of duties;
- Project Management skills including the ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to provide status updates on projects at a moment’s notice;
- Solid experience in managing work groups by developing effective working relationships, remaining energetic, optimistic and maintaining high work and ethical standards;
- Expertise and commitment to identifying and correcting conditions that affect workplace safety and upholds safety standards; and
- Skilled in maintenance project management and planning requiring coordination and collaboration across departmental lines.
The equivalent of seven (7) years of experience in the construction, operation and/or maintenance of water systems or flood control planning, two (2) years of which involved planning, organizing and supervising construction, maintenance and/or flood control projects.
Possession of a valid California driver's license required.
Possession of a Grade III or higher Water Treatment Plant Operator Certificate is desirable.