Salary: $129,506 - $165,256/year
Application Deadline: August 19, 2019 by 5:00 PM PDT
Under administrative direction, the Assistant Superintendent, Street and Sewer Repair reports directly to the Superintendent of Street and Sewer Repair, and manages and supervises personnel and construction projects that maintain, repair, and improve the City’s streets, sidewalks, curbs, gutters, curb returns, and sewer and storm drainage infrastructure in accordance with established work practices and standards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, organize, assign, coordinate, prioritize, schedule, monitor progress, and evaluate the projects and work performed by bureau personnel, directly and through supervisory staff
- Assist in the administration of the bureau’s day-to-day activities
- Assist, monitor, and report on the timely completion of work requests for services from internal and external customers
- Develop, review, analyze, interpret, investigate, implement and enforce city standards, procedures, rules, regulations, codes, policies and provide written reports related to the projects and work performed by the bureau and its operations
- Supervise second-level supervisors by leading, motivating, disciplining, and providing recognition and training to ensure conformance with operating methods and procedures, policies, and standards
- Provide fiscal management by assisting in the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of the bureau's annual budget
- Assist in directing and monitoring the bureau's safety and training programs and enforcing safety codes
- Facilitate the requisition, storekeeping, and maintenance of supplies, materials, and equipment and ensure that mechanical and motorized equipment is maintained and replaced as necessary
Nature of Work:
This position requires incumbent to be available after hours, 7 days a week including holidays, to respond to emergency requests and issues.
- Seven (7) years of experience in developing, managing and overseeing the schedule and budget of projects that maintain, repair, and improve public streets, walkways, and related infrastructure, which may include street paving; pot hole and patch repairs; concrete curbs, gutters, sidewalks, and curb ramps; and sewer and storm drainage repairs.; AND
- Three years of this experience must be as a second-level supervisor or manager in the maintenance, repair, and improvement of the public right-of-way. Qualifying experience must be in the areas of street paving; pot hole and patch repairs; concrete curbs, gutters, sidewalks, and curb ramps; and sewer and storm drainage repairs. This experience must include direct reporting to an assistant superintendent, assistant department head, or company vice president; AND
- Possession of a valid driver’s license (Candidates must maintain a valid California driver’s license throughout the duration of employment.)
- One year full-time employment is equivalent to 2000 hours (2000 hours of qualifying work experience is based on a 40 hour work week). Any overtime hours that you work above forty (40) hours per week are not included in the calculation to determine full-time employment.
- A valid out-of-state driver’s license is acceptable during the application process.
- Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process.
Visit: https://jobapscloud.com/SF/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=PBT&R2=0932&R3=095265 to register an account and to view this complete job announcement for application submission requirements.