Loudoun Water is a public utility that provides water and wastewater services to customers in eastern Loudoun County (VA).
Loudoun Water is looking for a temporary Compliance Technician at the Laboratory. Essential functions include:
- Assist with compliance and laboratory administrative work, in support of the QA officer and Compliance Administrator roles.
- Assist with doing basic level laboratory analyses, i.e., Solids and microbiology.
- Assist with general compliance department duties such as bottle set setup, laboratory housekeeping, basic compliance paperwork and filing, and data entry.
- Compiling lab and office supply orders, receiving supplies, data entry of field data into spreadsheets, back-entry of historical data into newly created databases, receive and log in samples and package sample shipments
- Support for staff member currently assigned to LIMS and WIMS upgrade
- Archiving and review of paperwork
- Review written documents such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), memos, water quality data, and statistical analyses.
- Adhering to laboratory safety protocols and procedures.
Job Type: Hourly temporary position for one year with a possibility of 6-month extensions as needed to complete required tasks.
Schedule: 29 hours per week Monday through Thursday.
Benefits: This is not a benefit eligible position
Special Requirements: If selected for employment all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE