Sr. Training and Technical Services Specialist
Rural Community Assistance Partnership Incorporated (RCAP)
Organization Description: The Rural Community Assistance Partnership Incorporated (RCAP) is a national network of nonprofit partners that works to ensure that rural and Tribal communities across the US have access to safe drinking water, wastewater treatment, solid waste disposal, and economic prosperity through technical assistance, training, and financial assistance in the smallest communities across the country, many of which are low income. RCAP builds capacity at the local level, while raising the voice of rural and Tribal communities through advocacy, storytelling, research, and strategic partnerships. Annually RCAP serves more than 2,000 rural and Tribal communities with an average size of less than 2,500.
RCAP?is an Equal Opportunity Employer: We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions. Individuals who come from rural areas; who identify as Black, Indigenous, Latino, Asian, Pacific Islander, or other People of Color; who are queer, trans, non-binary, or two-spirit; people with disabilities; people who are immigrants; people from poor and working-class backgrounds; and people who are/have been system-impacted are strongly encouraged to apply.
We expect all our employees to share a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, and always seek ways to improve how well we live these values. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process.
Supervised By: Senior Manager of Training and Technical Services
Classification: Exempt Full-Time
Salary Range: $70,000 - $85,000
Primary responsibility is providing curriculum design, development, and development support for RCAP training programs in addition to providing small system drinking water and wastewater technical expertise. The Training and Technical Services Specialist will produce training curriculum as well as assist national staff, regional partners, and other partners with instructional design and development. They may be called upon to serve as liaison to professional and non-profit organizations as appropriate, and on funding agencies’ topic-specific working groups along with RCAP National Working Groups.
- Support RCAP’s Training and Technical Assistance Efforts
- Support the development and delivery of technical assistance and training/educational materials to ensure high quality, interactive training resources are available to the Network.
- Provide training expertise to RCAP national and regional staff as needed.
- Develop training curriculum for both in-person and online (synchronous or asynchronous) training delivery for internal and external audiences, including eLearning and videos.
- Develop and advise on training policies.
- Work collaboratively with content experts as needed.
- Work with external partners and contractors on curriculum development and delivery.
- Review and comment on training materials developed by RCAP partners and other related organizations as needed.
- Assist in the planning and execution of internal capacity building activities including the RCAP National Conference, Train the Trainer, Training Workgroup, and other events.
- Coordinate, schedule, and help facilitate RCAP webinars and instructor-led online trainings.
- National Office and Regional Activities
- Act as the drinking water and/or wastewater subject matter expert on matters relating to the delivery of technical assistance and training/
- Provide water and wastewater technical and training expertise to RCAP national and regional staff as needed, including review of materials and regulations developed by federal and state agencies, RCAP, and other related organizations. Coordinate with regions and national office staff on official regulatory comments to federal agencies on behalf of RCAP.
- Research funding opportunities, generate, or contribute to funding proposals.
- Coordinate with RCAP national and regional staff, funding agencies and other partners. Provide project management when needed.
- RCAP Outreach and Partnerships
- Serve as RCAP liaison on training, wastewater and water issues with federal agencies, partner organizations and external stakeholders.
- Submit abstracts and make presentations at national and regional conferences.
- Maintain and further develop collaborative relationships with other water/wastewater industry groups, rural community development organizations, and other entities that complement the work of RCAP, such as AWWA, WEF, WPI, and ASDWA and others.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred), plus 7+ years of related experience.
- Experience developing and delivering adult education curriculum with an emphasis in hands-on, interactive training techniques; related certifications a plus. Instructional design experience for both in-person and online training.
- Experience in drinking water or wastewater management, finance, and/or technical operations; previous work directly with communities a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Familiarity with presentation software, word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Familiarity with blended learning, micro-learning, mobile learning, and eLearning development software.
- Experience with online training platforms (e.g. GoTo Training, Zoom, WebEx Training, etc.), webinar/meeting software (e.g GoTo Webinar, Zoom, Teams, …), eLearning programs (e.g. Articulate, Captivate, etc.) and learning management systems (e.g. Talent LMS, Media Valet).
- Field-level experience in rural community engineering/development including working directly with communities.
- Water, wastewater and/or solid waste experience.
- Managerial and financial technical assistance experience.
- Experience developing and providing training to operators and boards.
- Water and/or Wastewater Operator certification.
- Project management skills.
- Graphic design skills, video development skills.
How to Apply: To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume/CV to email@example.com.
RCAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran/military status, ancestry, or disability.