As a Lakehaven Supervisor, you will be part of a team that has been recognized by the National Association of Clean Water Agencies for its environmental stewardship and has been a long-standing member of the American Water Works Association. Lakehaven has a service area population of over 135,000 people living across a 35 square mile area in south King County, makings us the second largest special-purpose water and sewer district in the state. Our water system includes 450 miles of water mains, 25 active wells and 12 storage tanks, which allows us to meet a current annual average water demand of 10 million gallons per day (MGD) from the community. Lakehaven also has two wastewater treatment plants, 27 sewer lift stations, and 350 miles of sewer mains capable of collecting and treating up to 15.6 MGD. Our employees work hard to produce and treat high quality drinking water and to ensure treated wastewater adheres to EPA standards which safeguards the local ecological system of Puget Sound. If you want to work for an award-winning, innovative utility with competitive pay rates, career advancement and training opportunities, this is the right opportunity for you.
As a Field Operations Supervisor, you will be assisting the Field Operations Manager by supervising, organizing, and coordinating all the daily Field Operations services including water meter reading, water distribution and wastewater collection maintenance, vehicle and equipment fleet management, building maintenance, and other District infrastructure services pursuant to Local, State, and Federal statutes and regulations. You will also plan and implement capital improvements to District infrastructure and supervise and evaluate the performance of persons within the Field Operations Division.
The successful candidate should have some combination of the following:
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent and three (3) years’ experience in progressively responsible positions OR any combination of experience or education which clearly demonstrates competency. A two-year Associate of Science degree in fields related to wastewater is preferred.
- Requires five (5) to seven (7) years of increasingly responsible public works experience in a supervisory and management situation.
- Must have a "Water Distribution Manager 3 Certification (WDM 3)" from Washington State Water Works Operator Certification Program or have the ability to obtain within 12 months.
- A Washington State "Wastewater Collection Specialist III (WWC III)" certification is highly desired, but not required.
- Must have a "Cross-connection Control Specialist (CCS) Certification from Washington State Water Works Operator Certification Program or have the ability to obtain within 12 months.
- Must obtain within one year from initial employment, any required certifications or licenses applicable to the utility; i.e., First Aid Training, Certified Flagging, etc.
- State of Washington Department of Retirement Systems PERS Plans
- State of Washington Health Care Authority’s Medical, Dental, Vision benefit programs
- HRA VEBA
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Does this sound like the job for you? Visit our website at www.lakehaven.org for the position description and application.
Lakehaven Water and Sewer District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit a completed Cover Letter, Resume, and District Application, no later than 08/02/21 (first review date) to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or by mail to Lakehaven Water and Sewer District, c/o HR, 31627 1st Avenue South, Federal Way, WA 98003.
Incomplete application materials will not be accepted. If you need an accommodation in the recruitment process or an alternate format of this announcement, please enquire directly with the Human Resources Manager.