Responsible for electrical and mechanical servicing and efficient maintenance of production machinery and equipment, physical plant, utilities and grounds in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. Responsible for overseeing environmental compliance issues.
Salary: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 (Yearly Salary)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures safety of the personnel in their department and conduct regular safety meetings.
- Ensure safety as it relates to equipment maintenance, guarding, etc.
- Establishes practices for, and participate in the hiring, training, rewarding, discipline and corrective action of the personnel in the maintenance department.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in a fashion that assures products can be produced to specification.
- Assist in the coordination of effort between the Maintenance department and other departments within the organization.
- Develops, schedules, and controls a preventive maintenance program to maintain production machinery and equipment in proper working condition.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the maintenance electrical and mechanical operations.
- Inspects jobs in process and at completion to ensure that standards of workmanship and safety are maintained.
- Ensures proper maintenance of facility machinery and building.
- Maintains inventories of maintenance material, supplies, and repair parts at required levels by initiating requisitions for purchase; periodically reviews inventory for proper upkeep to plant facilities.
- Keeps JSA’S and MSDS current.
- Responsible for electrical and mechanical equipment layouts and the modification of facilities within the plant.
- Participate in problem identification and quality improvement efforts.
- Responsible for overseeing maintenance related environmental compliance issues.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiarity with manufacturing process (welding, machinery, etc.)
- Basic familiarity with mobile and stationary equipment maintenance and operation.
- Must have intermediate computer skills.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Three (3) years Supervisory experience as a Leadman or equivalent level.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.