Salary Range: $96,708 - $126,180 (plus excellent benefits)
Full-time Permanent Position (subject to probation)
Application Deadline Extended: Friday, October 1, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Under general supervision, assists in planning, directing, administering and evaluating the City-wide Wastewater Management Program, including the development and implementation of new ordinances and regulations to promote the facilitation of decentralized wastewater treatment facilities, safety inspections, training and policy administration; administers and conducts plan check reviews of Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems; provides complex professional staff assistance to the Environmental Sustainability Director in areas of expertise; and performs related work as required.
- Understands, interprets, and ensures compliance with laws and regulations in a manner that achieves environmental health protection using a balanced approach to meet the needs of the regulated industry and the community
- Has knowledge of the planning, development, implementation, and administration of municipal wastewater management programs
- Analyzes complex technical and operational problems and recommends cost-effective solutions
- Communicates effectively in meetings and makes formal presentations to community groups, other agencies, and elected officials
- Establishes rapport and maintains mutually productive relationships with staff, partner agencies, and the public
- Exercises good judgment, flexibility, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in environmental science, public health, biological science, chemistry, physical science, or a related field, and two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience related to Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems review, design, construction and or inspection, preferably with a local governmental entity.
License: Must possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver License and have a satisfactory driving record. Must possess and maintain a valid certificate of registration as an Environmental Health Specialist in the State of California, or a Registered Civil Engineer, or a Registered Geologist, or equivalent.
Applicants must submit a completed online City Employment Application and Resume by the filing deadline. Applications will not be accepted after the filing deadline. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a City Employment Application. Visit MalibuCity.org/jobs for more information and to apply online. If you have questions or need special accommodations with the recruitment process, please contact Alicia Freeman at (310) 456-2489 ext. 219. The City of Malibu is an equal opportunity employer.