City of Lakeland Florida
Salary: $55,884 to $74,886 Annually
This is skilled and technical work in the operation and maintenance of the City's wastewater treatment plants. This position requires shift work, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as the treatment processes are operated on a continuous basis. An employee in this position has responsibility for plant operation and shift personnel during assigned duty shifts. Accurate assessments and decisions must be made involving treatment plant processes. Work is reviewed by supervisor through the evaluation of plant performance and upkeep.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE):
- A high school diploma from an accredited school or its equivalent, supplemented by Florida Department of Environmental Protection approved training courses in wastewater plant operation.
- Three (3) years of wastewater plant operations experience.
- Must possess and maintain a State of Florida Class "B" Wastewater Plant Operator Certification.
- Must possess a valid state of Florida driver's license.
- Must maintain a valid telephone number.
- State of Florida Class "A" Wastewater Plant Operator Certificate is required to attain the last pay step within this job classification.
- Must be willing and able to work various shifts on a rotating basis.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as necessary to maintain required plant operations.
- May be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
- Position may be designated as Mission Critical by Department Director