WATER TREATEMENT PLANT OPERATOR II OR III
Located in central Butte County, California, the Paradise Irrigation District (PID) is seeking a full-time Water Treatment Plant Operator II or III to join a six-member team of personnel at the District's 22.8 million gallon per day water filtration treatment plant located in Magalia, California.
Under direction, this individual will serve as part of a regular plant staff and be responsible to inspect, maintain, and operate raw water storage and treatment facilities to assure proper quantity and quality of water in the District. Must be able to work a flexible schedule in order to insure the 24-hour, seven-day operation at the District's Water Treatment Plant, as well as willingness to work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed for routine and emergency conditions.
- Possess a minimum Grade 2 Water Treatment Operator Certificate issued by the State of California's Drinking Water Program.
- Posession of a valid California Class C Driver's License issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
- If a Grade 2 receives the position, they will be required to obtain a Grade 3 within 18 months of award of the position.
Desireable Education and Experience:
- Three years of increasingly responsible experience in water supply and treatment plant operations.
- High school or equivalent, preferably supplemented by course work in water quality, hydraulics, or engineering.
Benefits: Generous 9% deferred compensation with up to 3% additional matching opportunities, medical, dental and vision plan coverage for employee and dependents, $50,00 paid life insurance coverage, flexible benefits plan, long term disability, and paid holidays, sick and vacation programs.
Closing Date: Friday, July 17, 2020, 4:00 p.m. PST. Detailed Position Description and employment information may be viewed on the District's web site at https://www.pidwater.com/careers. To apply, send a current resume, a complete Paradise Irrigation Employment Application, and current copy of Water Treatment Operator Certificate issued by the State of California's Drinking Water Program to the following: Paradise Irrigation District, Attn: District Secretary, 6332 Clark Road, Paradise, CA 95969. Phone: (530) 876-2039. FAX: (530) 876-0483.