Clackamas River Water seeks a Water Works Mechanic responsible for performing functions related to the construction and maintenance of CRW's water storage, transmission and distribution system. Duties include water service installation, equipment operation, installation of pipe, valves, and hydrants; operating line locating equipment, traffic control functions, and cross-connection control.
- High school diploma (or GED)
- Ability to obtain an Oregon Water Distribution Operator Level 1 certification within 2 years from the date of hire.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record; and, obtain CDL Class A license within 1 year from date of hire
- Basic knowledge and experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems; operation of heavy equipment and machinery; occupational hazards and safe work practices and strong customer service skills. The position will also perform daily tasks requiring significant physical exertion for lifting, digging, kneeling and working in adverse weather conditions and must be able to operate a personal computer using MS Windows & Office.
Special Requirements: As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must pass a criminal/civil background check and have the ability to pass and maintain the drug and alcohol and physical exams that meet the standards and requirements for the position. No phone calls please.
* Preference for applicants who possess a Water Distribution Operator Certification Level 2 and have a minimum of 3 years’ additional experience in a related role or any equivalent combination that meets requirements for a level 2 position.
FULL-TIME REPRESENTED POSITION: Level 1: $21.19 – 27.35; * Level 2: $ 24.03 - $31.03 DOQ
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Clackamas River Water is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace.