This position is responsible for managing staff who maintain parts, inventories, and contracts for internal customers for Austin Water industrial operations. This position is also responsible for working with internal customers and external vendors to identify, forecast, and maintain available standard and critical inventories.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to the area supported, plus four (4) years of relevant experience, two (2) years of which were in a supervisory or management capacity.
- Experience may substitute for education up to the maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Licenses and Certifications Required: Valid Texas Class C Drivers License, if required for the position.
- If required for the position, legally mandated training must be completed within 1 year of employment.
If you are selected to interview:
- Your skill level in some of the competency areas for this job will be assessed through skills testing – specifically, Microsoft Excel – with a required minimum passing score of 70%.
- Experience developing strategies, methods, and procedures to support efficient inventory operations, including timely procurement of inventories and contract monitoring in a government or similarly regulated environment.
- Experience managing parts and inventory in a utility and/or industrial/manufacturing environment, utilizing a computerized maintenance or automated inventory management system.
- Experience coaching and training personnel and developing and deploying standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of fundamental inventory control techniques and procedures to maintain the appropriate type and quantity of inventory to meet customers’ needs.
- Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office.
$27.90 – $34.17 per hour, commensurate
7:00 AM – 3:30 PM Monday-Friday, or other hours as business needs require.
This position will be filled at one of the following locations. Decision on assigned location will be made at the time of hire based on business need.
South Austin Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant
1017 Fallwell Lane, Austin, TX 78617
Walnut Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant
7113 East MLK Blvd, Austin, TX 78724
Hornsby Bend Bio-Solid Management Plant
2210 S. FM 973, Austin, TX 78725
Govalle Occupational Development & Support Center
911 Linger Lane, Austin, TX 78721
Webberville Service Center
2600 Webberville Rd, Austin, TX 78702
Tim Louviere Service Center
6301-B Harold Court, Austin, TX 78721
North Service Center
901 W. Koenig Lane, Austin, TX 78756
Criminal Background Investigation
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.