*This recruitment is open until filled. Early submissions are encouraged as applications will be reviewed on a regular and ongoing basis.*
Salary: $29.55 - $44.55 (Hourly Wage)
The City of Oxnard’s Wastewater Division is seeking a Wastewater Operator III to work with team members within the Operations group as well as the Maintenance, Collections and Laboratory staff. Under general supervision, the Wastewater Operator III performs a variety of advanced journey-level duties in the monitoring, operation, inspection and minor maintenance and repair of wastewater treatment facilities and equipment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Performs the full array of duties assigned to classes in the Wastewater Operator series, including the operation of treatment system equipment and processes, facility and equipment up keep in order to assure compliance with applicable discharge permits.
- Monitors plant and field processes, including solids processing; monitors computer alarms, instruments, gauges, and meters for process control.
- Instructs others and takes meter, gauge, and control panel readings and observes variations in operating conditions; interprets readings; monitors and changes flows, and processes within established parameters; reports readings and processing changes on operation logs and records.
- Collects samples and performs routine biological and chemical tests/analyses, record sampling and test results, prepares samples for testing in the central laboratory as needed; analyzes and evaluates in-house laboratory results, data, and procedures and takes corrective action as appropriate.
- Uses Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on a daily basis. Updates and maintains O&M manuals and SOPs to reflect actual working conditions.
- Makes recommendations for improving plant operations.
Plant Operator, Principal
The following are minimum qualifications necessary for entry into the classification:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) years of wastewater treatment plant operation experience.
- Valid California Class C Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record may be required.
- Valid California State Water Resources Control Board Grade III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate.
- Possession of or ability to obtain valid certifications in: (a) first aid, and (b ) CPR.
Must be able to speak and understand English to effectively communicate with fellow employees, customers, and vendors.