DUTIES: Performs a variety of skilled tasks to efficiently operate and maintain the City's fully automated SCADA controlled Water Treatment Plant including, raw water intake station, pump and booster stations, distribution system control valves, storage tanks, reservoirs and standpipes resulting in consistent compliance with all federal and state water quality standards.
REQUIREMENTS: (Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job.):
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Two (2) years experience working at a Class II SCADA controlled water treatment plant performing operations, maintenance and laboratory duties.
- Class II Washington State Water Treatment Plant Operator Certificate, Class III preferred.
BENEFITS: The City offers a full benefits package with affordable options for full family coverage for medical, dental, vision and life insurance. The City also offers many other perks including:
- 12 days of vacation during the 1st year of employment and 12 days of sick leave
- 10 holidays, plus each employee receives 1 floating holiday each year
- Washington State Department of Retirement Systems (DRS), which offers a guaranteed monthly benefit once vesting criteria has been met
- In addition to DRS, employees may also contribute to a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, that offers a matching contribution of up to 3% from the City
- Other benefits offered: Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Plan, Long-Term Disability, Aflac and Flexible Schedule (per department approval)