Provide general and specialized support to the water department engineering staff with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), computer aided design (CAD), construction inspection and documentation, and hydraulic modeling.
• Develop complex CAD or GIS drawings from rough sketches or verbal instruction.
• Interprets as-built drawings and incorporates into the utility’s mapping system.
• May inspect water facility construction including water mains, water treatment plants, wells, booster pumps, tanks, and valve stations. Documents daily construction activities, prepares as-built and valve book drawings.
• May prepare change orders and recommend approval to the project engineer.
• May prepare and review construction contract pay estimates.
• Develop custom GIS applications as required.
• Perform complex analysis of GIS data.
• Prepare maps and exhibits as required.
• May develop and maintain the utility’s hydraulic simulation.
Qualified applicants must have an Associate’s degree in engineering or related field. Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in ESRI and Autodesk AutoCAD. Advanced training in ArcGIS and AutoCAD preferred. Applicant must demonstrate team collaboration skills and has strong written and oral communications skills.