||Medical and Retirement paid by the District with employee contribution
||Permanent; Full-time; Benefited
||11 (See Personnel Policies and Procedures here for details
Roles and Responsibilities
Under minimal or general supervision, operates equipment, facilities and related appurtenances as found in a continuously-operating water and/or wastewater treatment plant on an assigned shift; assists with preventive maintenance and makes repairs to plant facilities and equipment; provides technical assistance; and performs related work as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid California class C driver's license with satisfactory driving record.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a Grade II Water and/or Wastewater Operator Certificate as issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board within the next testing period following eligibility.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a Grade I Water Distribution Certificate as issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board within one year.
Working Conditions & Environmental Elements
- Must possess mobility to work in standard water and/or wastewater treatment plants and related facilities; strength, stamina, and mobility to perform medium to moderately heavy physical work, to work in confined spaces, around machines and to climb and descend ladders, and operate varied hand and power tools and equipment; vision to read printed materials, signage, and a computer screen; color vision to read gauges and identify appurtenances; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone or radio.
- Employees work indoors and outdoors and are exposed to loud noise levels, vibration, confining workspace, chemicals, mechanical and/or electrical hazards, and hazardous physical substances and fumes.
- Required rotational work to cover weekends & holidays as well as call-back rotational work.
- Attach resume and cover letter to Application for Employment Sheet.
Full job description and application can be found here