Compensation: Salary determined upon completion of interview process
Directions to apply: Submit an application at https://veolianorthamerica.jobs.net/en-US/job/water-wastewater-project-manager/J3S24272GYS8MR4CKBK or email resume directly to Corporate Recruiter, Nancy Farabee, at email@example.com
Plans, organizes and manages the daily operation, maintenance and testing of a Power Plant Flue Gas Desulphurization WWTP to meet discharge permits, assuring its compliance with established environmental, safety, operating, and emergency response procedures. Maintains ongoing client interface to keep client informed and enhance client relations.
- Manages the daily operation and maintenance of a FGD WWTP Plant and ensures compliance with operational, QA/QC, safety, environmental, and performance metrics. Typically works through Operations, Maintenance and/or Lab Supervisors to ensure that plant resources are being utilized to achieve project objectives. Manage cost control and financial performance, including the preparation of financial reports. Provide effective counsel / direction, especially where corrective actions are needed.
- Manages the human resource functions of the facility or unit including hiring and firing, salary and job change actions, and coaching and counseling team. Works with HSE and training team to ensure that all personnel receive safety and process training. Coaches and counsels team to improve technical skills and interpersonal and problem resolution skills. Works to identify and provide opportunities for team to learn new skills and techniques. Administers labor agreements to ensure compliance and effectively deal with representative labor union(s).
- Reviews and evaluates water reports, records, logs, and graphs to confirm adequacy of present and projected water needs. Ensures that uniform monitoring and recordkeeping are performed facility-wide. Prepares reports concerned with chemical and bacteriological analyses of water for administrative purposes and regulatory agencies.
- Administers client contracts to ensure compliance and customer satisfaction and prompt identification and client notification of scope changes.
- Performs all baseline client relations duties, including preparation and presentation of progress and special reports.
- Participates in client meetings, special award programs and handles resolution of client service problems in a professional manner.
- Assists with the preparation and/or review of reports to regulatory agencies and assists with public relations duties as necessary.
- Develops plant or functional goals and activities required to meet overall business objectives. Establishes the standards, guidelines and procedures needed and integrates, implements and evaluates process improvements, new concepts, technologies and practices and aligns with future needs.
- Evaluates employee performance, matches abilities and job requirements and capitalizes on talents to effectively meet business objectives. Ensures that business initiatives and progress toward goals are effectively communicated to employees.
- Proactively manages safety, plant appearance and environmental issues and ensures compliance with Federal and State standards including Hazardous Waste Disposal and Air Quality Standards. Ensures that issues are identified and addressed and elevated if necessary in a timely manner.
- Maintains an up-to-date plan of action to be taken in event of emergencies such as machine, equipment or power failure, or need to release dammed water to affect flood control. Manages emergencies in an effective manner.
- Degree in Business or Engineering or equivalent related Project Management experience.
- Five to seven years progressive lead and/or supervisory experience within a water /wastewater treatment environment with thorough knowledge of the methods, techniques, principles, and practices of water/wastewater treatment. Power Plant experience is preferred.
- Highest level of certification as a water/wastewater operator is desired. If from another state, must achieve certification within six months of appointment to Plant Operations Manager.
- SAFETY-Experienced and proven accident free track record in running a safety program. Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
- OPERATIONS-Knowledge of Process / Operations Management, QA/QC procedures, Environmental and Facilities / Capital Equipment Management. Lab experience for permit testing requirements.
- EMPLOYEE/CLIENT RELATIONS-Demonstrated leadership ability with an understanding of Human Resources / Relationship principals. Demonstrated effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills in order to interface with and motivate all levels of personnel.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and customer.
- CREATIVITY-Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem resolution, resolve conflicting priorities and to meet assignment deadlines within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex process problems and manage remedial action.
- FINANCIAL ACUMEN-Demonstrated knowledge of budget preparation and cost control and have the ability to forecast budget, staffing and equipment needs.
- COMMUNICATIONS-Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports.
- COMPUTER SKILLSET-Stron skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, CMMS ( preferably Maximo) and database software and the ability to optimize the use of technology and systems to communicate, manage budget and to streamline processes and increase efficiency. Familiarity with maintenance, operation, regulatory reporting software.
- ATTITUDE-Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS-Must be able to serve project weekly needs with 7 days a week emergency on-call if required by site.
- Valid Driver’s license and safe driving record.