Plant Operations Coordinator (Water Plant Operator 3)
Hours: 11:00 p.m. – 11:30 a.m.
B258: Hiring Range: $54,828.80 – $ 61,692.80 + 1.50 shift differential for weekends
We have a Plant Operations Coordinator (Water Plant Operator 3) vacancy available on the first shift from 7:00 a.m.- 3:30 p.m., M – F. This position is responsible for the operation & maintenance primarily located at the Brown Water Treatment plant with potential coverage and assistance at the Williams Water Treatment Plant when needed. Assigned duties include work at two water supply facilities, elevated and ground storage tanks, and two pressure zones including the associated pump and storage facilities. Certified operators are required to monitor treatment process components to ensure efficient and effective operations and to work without direct supervision or solo on a shift. You must be readily available by phone with the ability to work rotational stand-by/recall duty.
Minimum Experience & Education:
- NC Grade A Surface Water Treatment Operators License
- Minimum 3 yrs. experience in a surface water treatment facility
- Accurately read meters & charts, maintain required state records, & interpret readings to make necessary adjustments to treatment processes
- Work includes basic chemistry and mixed arithmetic calculations involving multiplication, addition, subtraction, & division of whole numbers, decimals, & fractions
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus 1 year of additional vocational training
- NC Class "C" Driver's License
- NC Laboratory Certification
- Minimum 1-year experience working with plant systems via SCADA interface
Minimum 1-year experience using a Computerized Maintenance MGT System (CMMS)
Enjoy our benefits which include 401(k), 457, retirement, retirement health savings plan, flex spending accounts, life insurance, vision, dental, short/long term disability options, & generous annual/holiday leave. Apply online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/durhamnc
EOE Individuals selected for offer of employment must pass the City of Durham physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and DMV/ background investigation. You must have the legal right to work in the U.S. This agency will not sponsor any applicant to obtain documentation of that right to work.