Reporting directly to the Lead Plant Operator and/or Technical Services Manager, the Grade II Operator has responsibility for assisting in the successful operation and maintenance of the SPA III and SPA II Water Recycling Facilities and Collection Systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform vault and haul tasks for wastewater disposal prior to facility startup
• Participate in the commissioning and startup of the facilities as required
• Perform equipment operation and maintenance
• Perform treatment plant rounds including inspecting, monitoring and documenting plant operations
• Troubleshoot process and equipment problems
• Operate, inspect and service sewer collection systems and lift stations as applicable
• Collect and analyze wastewater samples
• Facilitate sampling analysis for regulatory reporting
• Interpret and report process data
• Setup and implement CMMS program
• Operate valves & equipment
• Communicate any problems/issues to supervisor
• Perform weed abatement by spraying and or manual removal as needed.
• Housekeeping duties on plant grounds lift stations, and office buildings.
• Promote and adhere to PERC’s written corporate Safety program
• All other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Maintain acceptable attendance per PERC standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. General computer skills including good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to learn CMMS program used on site.
2. Excellent team-working and communications skills to enable effective interaction with other PERC Water personnel, including peers.
• Body Positions: Standing, sitting for extended periods of time, walking.
• Body Movements: Use of hands, eyes, arms and voice. Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 pounds on a regular basis.
• Must be able to climb up and down stairs and ladders and climb into process tanks and enclosures
• Must be able to work weekends, nights or holidays as needed.
• Must be able to travel from jobsite to jobsite within in the area
• Language ability includes reading, writing, spelling, and the ability to communicate clearly on business topics in English.
Education, Professional Credentials and Experience
1. Current Arizona Grade II or higher Wastewater Certification required
2. 2 years of previous experience in water reclamation facility operation required
3. Valid AZ driver’s license
4. Degree a plus but not required
PERC Water Corporation is an innovative water infrastructure company that develops, designs, builds, operates and manages water infrastructure throughout the United States. We seek to hire productive workers and innovative thinkers for all positions within the company and we encourage all employees to take ownership of the processes they are part of and responsible for. We currently have openings in several locations and are always interested to hear from qualified candidates
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Employer sponsored medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance; Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time. Company sponsored 401k Plan
To Apply: E-mail resume, copies of operator certificates and a brief cover letter/e-mail introduction to: email@example.com
Employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Must have a valid AZ Driver’s License and be able to provide proof of auto insurance.
$24-$37 per hour