Apply online: www.toaks.org/jobs
Recruitment may close at any time. Open until sufficient number of qualified applicants has been received.
The City of Thousand Oaks is seeking a Plant and Equipment Mechanic to join our team!
We are seeking a highly motivated, resourceful, and technically skilled team player to perform a wide range of installation, repair, and maintenance tasks on the mechanical and electrical equipment at the City’s Hill Canyon Treatment Plant (HCTP).
- Identifies and performs a variety of maintenance repairs and installations on wastewater treatment plant mechanical equipment and facilities, including but not limited to:
- Mechanical grinders, pumps, valves, engines, blowers, pneumatic valves, lab equipment, and air compressors
- Various machinery, back flow prevention devices, digester equipment, bulk chemical storage and delivery systems, and hydraulic devices
- Fabricates and or modifies equipment mounts, brackets, supports, utilizing welding, drilling, milling, tapping, etc.
- Coordinates activities with operations personnel and contractors to ensure efficient and streamlined operations
- Completes and maintains maintenance logs on the City's Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Responds to night and weekend emergency calls as needed
The Ideal Candidate should possess:
- A minimum of four years of experience in the repair and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to effectively troubleshoot and solve problems
- Excellent customer service and attention to detail and quality
- Commitment to a clean and efficient work environment and safe work practices
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently and adjust priorities to accomplish objectives
- Experience with internal combustion engines and electrical generators a plus
- California Water Environment Association (CWEA) Grade I or II Mechanical Technologist certificate is highly desirable
- Results Oriented
- Problem Solver and Decision Maker
- Technically Knowledgeable