Founded in 1919, KJ has always looked to the future. With a talented team of professionals and a culture of continuous improvement, we deliver exceptional engineering and environmental consulting services today, with a focus on innovation and sustainability. Using new advanced analytics, technology, and tools, KJ improves designs, reduces risk, and finds better ways to deliver projects. KJ is at the forefront of developing sustainable solutions for clients, including green infrastructure design, strategies to reduce energy use and environmental impacts, and award-winning water reuse projects. We are known for our dedication to industry-leading client service and tailored solutions.
Kennedy Jenks is actively seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to lead our dynamic team in Austin, Texas. This is a key leadership role, integral to the growth and success of our water/wastewater practice. As a Senior Project Manager, you will play a pivotal role in inspiring and guiding our team while strategically elevating our project delivery capabilities. This opportunity encompasses business growth, leadership in project delivery, and mentorship and development of our engineering staff. We are dedicated to fostering a workplace culture that values equity, diversity, and inclusion, creating an environment that is both enjoyable and high-performing.
- Project Management: Coordinate and manage technical aspects of projects, from planning through construction, with a focus on water, wastewater, recycled water, and utility infrastructure projects of varying scales.
- Business Development: Lead efforts in business development, including client interaction, collaboration with marketing staff, proposal preparation, and participation in interview teams.
- Engineering Leadership: Direct project engineering activities, encompassing studies, conceptual and preliminary design, final design, bidding, and construction support services.
- Project Financial Management: Conduct project management activities such as contract negotiation, quality and financial performance management, coordination with subconsultants, and resolution of budget and schedule issues.
- Effective Communication: Maintain open and responsive communication with team members and clients, ensuring their needs are met effectively.
- Collaboration: Work collaboratively with technical teams, leveraging expertise from across the organization.
- Team Development: Supervise, mentor, and provide training for junior technical staff.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of the water/wastewater industry.
- Proven ability to deliver excellent client service and foster positive client relationships.
- Experience in business development and sales.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Join us in shaping the future of water/wastewater engineering and contribute to our commitment to excellence and inclusivity. Bring your unique talents and expertise to Kennedy Jenks and be a part of our collaborative and growth-focused team.
Kennedy Jenks supports a healthy work-life balance and utilizes a hybrid model of home and office work to empower our people to thrive and achieve their full potential.
Salary range for this position is anticipated to be $161,000 to $182,000, and may vary based upon education, experience, qualifications, licensure/certifications and geographic location.
Benefits summary: Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, bonus opportunities, tuition reimbursement, professional registration support, a competitive PTO and holiday plan, and other benefits and programs.
As an employee-owned firm, Kennedy Jenks offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience with a flexible hybrid work environment. Kennedy Jenks provides competitive compensation that will vary based upon education, experience, qualifications, skills, licensure/certifications, seniority, and geographic location. We offer a full benefits package.
Kennedy Jenks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.