The position is responsible for proper operation, maintenance, planning, design, and construction of the water distribution and wastewater collection system.
- Manage and review the performance of the W/WW Services group in the design, construction, inspection, operation and maintenance of the wastewater collection and water distribution system and assets, including water and sewer mains, manholes, lift stations, valves, hydrants, meters, service lines, pump stations and tanks.
- Maintain knowledge of current Federal, State and local rules and regulations as they pertain to the operation of the water distribution and wastewater collection system.
- Recommend, develop and implement short and long-range water distribution and wastewater collection programs.
- Prepare reports and monitor construction, operation and maintenance activities.
- Prepare and continuously monitor department operating and capital budgets.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of department staff, including departmental trainings.
- Responsible for the compliance of all applicable regulatory requirements of the Safe Drinking Water and Clean Water Act.
- Oversee the operation of the Cross Connection and Miss Dig utility locating programs; assuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Oversee new connections to W/WW systems.
- Ensure safety programs are implemented to meet HBPW and departmental goals.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program; or equivalent education and experience.
- At least seven years’ experience in work involving construction, operation and maintenance of water distribution and/or wastewater collection systems.
- At least two years’ experience supervising staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with subordinates and other employees and to assign and supervise the work.
- Computer proficiency with spreadsheets, databases and maintenance management software.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to provide courteous and accurate information to external and internal customers.
- S-1 Waterworks System license or the ability to obtain within two years of placement into this position.
- PE License (preferred).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $93,299.00 to $115,251.00 /year
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Questions regarding employment opportunities may be sent to Human Resources staff at email@example.com.