Rainbow Municipal Water District offers some of the most competitive pay and benefits in the area, including five health insurance options (some free), District-funded Health Savings Accounts, a CalPERS pension (2.5% at 55 for Classic members), 457b and 401a retirement savings plan matching, six weeks of Paid Time Off (to start), a 9/80 work schedule, and generous education assistance including student loan repayments.
Salary: $93,060.00 - $131,664.00 Annually
More importantly, you will get to be part of an amazing team that is dedicated to supporting each other and our customers. In our last employee survey, 100% of respondents said "I am inspired to do my best every day at work," and 96% said they would recommend the District as a good place to work.
Rainbow Municipal Water District provides safe drinking water and wastewater services to agricultural, residential, and commercial customers in our 82-square mile service area that includes the unincorporated communities of Rainbow, Bonsall, and parts of Vista, Oceanside, and Fallbrook.
We make a difference in our community, and you will too.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you would oversee the work of the water meter services team, as well as the cross-connection control and backflow testing programs. You will perform a variety of supervisory, technical, and administrative duties, including but not limited to:
- Selection, training, and evaluating work of staff in the Meters Department to ensure work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Planning and making work assignments related to reading, recording, and reporting water usage.
- Installation, repairs, maintenance, and testing of water services including pressure regulators, water meters, meter boxes, backflow devices, and associated appurtenances.
- Responding to escalated customer service inquiries regarding customer water use and water service issues.
Within your first year, you will help coordinate the completion of the final phase of the District's Water Service Upgrade Project, involving the replacement of all water meters in the District.
Any combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills, and abilities required are:
Education, experience, and certifications:
- You value learning and have continued your education by pursuing a Certificate or Associate's Degree in Water Technology, but your preferred method of learning is by diving into hands-on learning opportunities in the field.
- You have a strong understanding of water distribution and treatment systems, as evidenced by your certifications as a D2 Water Distribution Operator and are prepared to test for your D3 within the next few months.
- You understand advanced principles of modern meter reading including Advanced Meter Reading (AMR) technology, water meter industry trends, emerging technology, and associated appurtenances.
- Though you may not do it every day, you have hands-on experience in backflow testing.
- You have probably completed training that covers Cla-Val maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting such as 90-01 PRVs, combination pressure relief and sustaining valves, fire protection valves, and other commonly used valves.
Commitment to Excellence:
At Rainbow Municipal Water District we take pride in representing our core values of integrity, responsibility, professionalism, innovation, and teamwork. As a member of the District's leadership team, you will demonstrate these values every day.