External Communications Program Manager
California Water Service
California Water Service
The External Communication Program Manager supports all communications activities and efforts as required by all Districts and subsidiaries, as well as corporate objectives related to customer communications, investor relations, employee communications, media relations, community relations, conservation communications, and crisis communications, including concept, creation, implementation, and any necessary measurement of projects. The preferred location for this role is Torrance, CA.
- Creates and implements strategic communications campaigns while ensuring communications support the company's strategic framework.
- Writes and edits customer letters, other mailers, news releases, articles for newsletters and web sites, text for bill onserts/inserts, advertisements, boil water orders and notices for other crisis situations, PowerPoint presentations, and Customer Service Representative fact sheets.
- Customizes materials for individual Districts.
- Maintains Customer Outreach Portal and creates, sets up, and launches phone/text message/email notifications.
- Monitors use of logo/branding to ensure consistency, and works with districts and departments to develop brand-appropriate materials.
- Acts as backup in managing online content; designs, plans, authors, and maintains HTML/PHP code and artwork for both the web and intranet; reviews proposed online content to maintain standards; coordinates with vendors and internal resources to create and maintain online content; recommends solutions to increase productivity by leveraging online resources.
- Serves as media liaison with local media markets and provides media assistance to Operations representatives preparing for media interviews.
- Maintains media database and publishes weekly media/social media clips.
- Manages company's presence on Nextdoor, and develops and implements content strategy for the platform.
- Supports content needs for all other company social media platforms.
- Creates documents and document templates, including design, photo-editing, and graphic work.
- Helps monitors customer e-mails and responds accordingly; researches, recommends, and manages solutions for social media.
- . Manages accounting process for communications efforts, including submitting invoices from vendors, requesting bids, creating requisitions, ensuring Legal and IT Security approval, and following up on payments.
- Works with internal managers, outside printers, consultants, and other vendors to produce and distribute materials to appropriate parties.
- Manages design and procurement of promotional items company-wide.
- Manages online fulfillment system for door hangers, fact sheets, and promotional items.
- Plans and executes special events/projects for communities and media.
- Supports Emergency Operations Center's Public Information Officer role; rotates on-call with other Communications employees.
- Acts as back-up point-person in the absence of the Director of Corporate Communications (day-to-day).
- Understands regulatory policies and procedures to support General Rate Case and water quality communications. Participates in the Company's Continuous Improvement program.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a decision-making role requiring real world experience making competent decisions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- Valid California Driver's License
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the water industry
- Knowledge of applicable State, Federal and local laws and regulations
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures and business practices
- Ability to use appropriate discretion when dealing with confidential or proprietary information
- Exceptional ability to communicate new information effectively, both verbally and in writing, in a tactful and persuasive manner
- Ability to organize work to meet changing schedules and high-pressure situations
- Ability to work with others and diffuse hostile situations when necessary
- Ability to use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specifications and/or verbal instructions
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with those encountered in the course of conducting business
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including conversation, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Solid decision-making skills
- Creative problem-solver with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, and commitment to outstanding customer service
Work primarily in an office environment; may travel from site to site; sustain posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time, stand, walk, and bend; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; see and hear with sufficient acuity to successfully perform all aspects of job; use telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Lift up to 30 pounds.
Salary Range: $85,800 - $157,800
Deadline to submit resume is Thursday, February 2, 2023.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3817167
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.