The Trabuco Canyon Water District (District) is currently accepting employment applications for one part-time, temporary position as an Engineering Intern in the District’s Engineering Department.
The purpose of the District’s Internship Program is to introduce students to the working environment within the professional Engineering field in which they are studying.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
Under the direct supervision of the District Engineer, this position will complete a variety of routine assignments in support of the Departments goals and needs. This is a part-time, temporary position, limited to less than 1000 hours per fiscal year (July 1-June 30). Work-hour flexibility depends on departmental needs and school schedule.
(The duties specified below are representative of the range of duties assigned to this position and are not intended to be an all-inclusive list.)
- Completion of a variety of routine assignments in support of the Departments goals and needs
- Compile, analyze, and evaluate statistical data and conducts field studies and surveys;
- Prepare basic reports and assist in the preparation of comprehensive reports;
- Operate a personal computer and use of applicable software;
- Prepare charts, graphs and exhibits;
- Utilize AutoCAD to perform drafting tasks;
- Maintain records and files;
- Utilize the District’s GIS software to prepare maps and provide relative information to agencies as requested;
- Utilize basic tools to perform field measurements and drawings.
- Basic engineering procedures;
- Basic drafting techniques or basic engineering/statistical mathematics;
- Effective methods of making written reports;
- English usage and spelling;
- Techniques of research and analysis;
- Filing and record keeping.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Conduct basic research and analysis;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work;
- Operate a personal computer and use applicable software;
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
- Meet the public with courtesy and tact.
Education/Training/Experience Minimum Requirements
Two years of college and continuing progress towards a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
HOW TO APPLY
A District Employment Application must be completed to be considered for this employment opportunity. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application but may be attached. Employment Applications may be obtained by visiting our website at www.tcwd.ca.gov.
Please submit your completed Employment Application to TCWD by one of the following methods:
- Mail or Drop off: 32003 Dove Canyon Drive, Trabuco Canyon, CA 92679
- Fax: (949) 858-3025
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org