Apply online: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/lakeoswego/default.cfm
The City of Lake Oswego Water Treatment Plant (WTP) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Water Treatment Plant Manager in the Water Treatment Plant Division of the Engineering Department. The position provides an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual with knowledge of water treatment systems to serve in a progressive, innovative community that has recently completed a regional water system expansion project featuring the state of the art Lake Oswego Tigard Water Treatment Plant.
- Supervises operations staff including prioritizing and developing work plans, evaluating staff performance, monitoring progress on reports and projects, interpreting policies and procedures, making hiring and termination recommendations, making pay rate change recommendations and providing training and development for staff.
- Develops and oversees Staff training program(s). Ensures that all new staff have consistent and comprehensive training during and after their 6 month probationary period
- Maintains water quality by ensuring compliance with standards including maintaining records of raw and finished water quality, determining parameters for chemical dosage and actions required in emergency situations such as chemical spills or chlorine leaks.
- Oversees maintenance of equipment and facilities for the Water Treatment Plant including maintaining records, scheduling repairs and overseeing preventive maintenance programs.
- Prepares purchase orders/requests for supplies, parts and replacement items including determining inventory levels and materials and equipment used.
- Writes and enforces safety policies and procedures such as hazardous materials processing management, record maintenance for Material Safety Data Sheets and confined entries.
- Assists with preparation of the budget for the Water Treatment Plant including determining capital equipment purchases and allocation of resources, monitors departmental expenditures and ensures that expenditures remain within budget.
- Works with staff and contractors to maintain and improve plant Computer Maintenance Management System (Infor Public Sector), Water Quality Database (HACH WIMS), Operations Control System (Wonderware).
- Serves as back up DRC of Water Treatment for the Lake Oswego Tigard Water Treatment Plant.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Education, Training and Experience:
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is with a Bachelors or Associate’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Water Environment Technology or a related field and four years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience enabling the incumbent to perform the essential functions of the position. Desired candidates will possess leadership ability and an understanding of modern water treatment systems and the technology associated with these systems.
Licensing and Other Requirements:
Positions in this classification require the ability to possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and ability to meet the City’s driving standards.
Must have State of Oregon Water Treatment certification Level 3. Water Distribution Level 2 is desired. Must obtain Oregon Water Treatment Certification Level 4 within 1 year of hire.
Applicants with certifications from other states will be expected to acquire, by reciprocity, State of Oregon certifications within 6-months of hire for the grade identified above.
For a complete list of the essential duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required, and physical and mental demands please review the complete job description at www.ci.oswego.or.us.