Application Deadline September 20th
Annual Salary: $77,244 - $103,514; Hiring Salary: $77,244 - $85,162 DOE
THE POSITION – MAINTENANCE SERVICES SUPERVISOR
- Coordinates facility maintenance contract work with other agencies, manufacturers, vendors, and District staff; inspects projects in progress and upon completion for compliance with scope of work
- Reviews project status with staff and assigns work orders, making changes based on field observations and operational problems; provides technical advice and assistance on problems and/or unusual situations
- Establishes and oversees the Maintenance Services department, including supervising employees involved in landscaping, custodial and minor facility maintenance work, fleet maintenance, and warehouse inventory; develops, integrates, and implements new and existing procedures into department
- Estimates labor, material, and equipment needed to complete assignments; orders and approves material requests using CMMS
- Coordinates work with other departments and relevant parties; responds to questions and complaints from staff; responds to emergency situations
- Plans, assigns, supervises, reviews, and evaluates the work of assigned staff, in the areas of fleet maintenance, landscape maintenance, janitorial, and warehouse/inventory.
A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities include:
High school graduation or equivalent and four years of related maintenance experience. At least one year in a lead role preferred. Experience with HVAC, plumbing, or facility maintenance is highly desirable, including overseeing contractors. Possession of, or ability to obtain, a California Class C driver’s license is required.
Vallecitos Water District is an award-winning Special District located in north San Diego County, providing water, wastewater and reclamation services to San Marcos; the community of Lake San Marcos; parts of Carlsbad, Escondido, and Vista, and other unincorporated areas.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate is a proven team leader, with experience overseeing staff with varying skill sets and needs. This person must be able to assess, understand, and adapt to the different motivations of each employee. Supervisors should have the ability and desire to develop their employees. In addition, this person will interact regularly with staff at different levels within the District and should be able to adjust communication style and techniques accordingly. This position will often work independently and should be self-motivated to successfully establish and meet the goals of the new Maintenance Services department.
The ideal Maintenance Services Supervisor has knowledge and experience of facility maintenance. They should be willing and able to learn the practices and principles in their area of responsibility—fleet maintenance, landscape maintenance, custodial, and warehouse/inventory. This person is familiar with equipment and hand & power tools used in the work. Experience sourcing, hiring, and evaluating contractors and their work is highly preferred. The preferred candidate will also have knowledge and experience in budget development and administration.
SALARY, BENEFITS, AND QUALITY OF LIFE
- Annual Salary Increases and Cost of Living Allowances
- Social Security and CalPERS retirement with 3% at 60 formula for Classic members
- Choice of 4 medical plans with District contribution (100% Family Coverage Kaiser HMO)
- District-paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Two Deferred Compensation plans with $2,000 match
- Tuition Reimbursement, Computer Loan, and Employee Recognition programs
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs with on-site fitness room
- 9/80 work schedule with alternate Fridays off
The above terms are not a contract, subject to eligibility requirements and reflect the current Memorandum of Understanding with the Vallecitos Water District Employees’ Association.