The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
- Knowledge & experience with the characteristics and capabilities of construction equipment and practices.
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a diversity of others, interacting effectively, problem solving and partnering with citizens, community groups, designers, project/contract managers, and/or contractors.
- Experience understanding and retaining oral and written construction related information such as progress, dimensions, quantities, and instructions.
- Experience reading and comprehending technical documents such as survey notes, standard drawings, construction plans, specifications, codes, laws, contracts, procedure manuals, and inspection reports.
- Knowledge and experience applying safety practices to be followed during construction.
- Experience using math calculations associated with the computation or estimation of construction progress such as area, volume, and percentages
Applicants must also possess:
Why work at the City of Portland?
The City of Portland workforce is culture- and solutions-driven, viewing every challenge as an opportunity to learn, improve, and share our expertise. We are committed to removing systemic barriers to resources, access, and opportunity. The City is a believer in ALL people and continues to actively recruit and retain diverse top talent every day. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, basic life, short- and long-term disability coverage to eligible employees and their families. If you are open-minded, motivated, community-focused, and self-aware, please apply yourself at the City of Portland today.