Come join our team! The City of Sedona is now accepting applications for a Wastewater Plant Operator. All levels, entry to III certs, welcome to apply!
This position performs a variety of skilled tasks in the operation, maintenance, and repair of the City’s wastewater treatment facilities grounds and equipment; to ensure public health and safety; to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
All Levels and Entry Level
1. Participates in appropriate safety procedures, including but not limited to working in confined spaces; lock-out tag-out; fall protection; ladders; reporting and/or correcting unsafe work conditions.
2. Performs daily rounds and reads by visually checking equipment, meters and systems, and maintaining logs and records.
3. Services and repairs pumps, motors, valves, meters, and other mechanical equipment.
4. Performs preventative maintenance: oils, greases, cleans, and services plant equipment.
5. Rotates and repairs sprinkler systems; observes effects of irrigation on soil; checks saturation level of ground; performs piezometer readings, operates and maintains wetlands and injection wells.
6. Performs required process control laboratory testing to include: settleometer, turbidity, TSS, and spectrometer testing.
7. Maintain records on process inspections and lab tests conducted.
8. Participates in call-backs for wastewater plant.
9. Maintains wastewater plant grounds and wetlands.
10. Designation at a given operator level shall require demonstration of not only certifications required at the level, but also the ability to satisfactorily perform the functions of the level.