National O&M, Inc. is a nationwide provider of water and wastewater treatment operation and maintenance services. The company was established for the purpose of meeting the water and wastewater treatment needs of Federal, State and Municipal Governments. With our exceptional operating history and over 25 years of on-going experience, National O&M, Inc. has established itself as a premiere provider of operation, maintenance, and repair services in the water and wastewater industry throughout the United States. National O&M is currently seeking a full-time water operator in the Atwater, California area.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of skilled technical duties and semi-skilled labor in the operation and maintenance of water treatment facilities; monitors, performs adjustments and repairs to plant equipment; collects and documents samples for laboratory testing; and performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(The following duties and responsibilities are illustrations of the various types of work performed in this classification. These illustrations are neither restricted to nor all-encompassing of the duties to be performed under this job title.)
- Perform assigned treatment plant rounds; inspect, monitor, troubleshoot, performance test and document plant processes.
- Operate and adjust treatment plant pumps, motors, feeders and other equipment to maintain appropriate plant operations.
- Maintain, compile and update plant operations logs and reports; perform and record mathematical calculations related to plant operational activities
- Mix and add treatment chemicals; ensure adequate chemical application according to regulations and guidelines.
- Install, maintain, repair, modify, troubleshoot, and service plant operations machinery and equipment including pumps, valves, motors, meters, tanks, reservoirs, and feeders.
- Collect and document samples and perform a variety of routine water quality laboratory tests; work closely with laboratory vendors; monitor laboratory results; collect water samples as required.
- Perform general plant facility maintenance such as cleaning, painting, and repairing plant facilities; perform various grounds maintenance duties as required.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of Class 2 CA Water Treatment Certification
- Minimum of Class 2 CA Water Distribution Certification
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record