Position Title: Inspector-Water Distribution and Sewer Collection
Job Summary: This position is responsible for ensuring water and sewer construction and repair projects are completed in accordance with approved specifications, drawings, and appropriate government ordinances.
- Conducts inspections of water and sewer main construction and repair to ensure the work is completed according to specifications.
- Locates water and sewer mains with GPS for GIS updates during installation.
- Assists in locating existing water and sewer mains.
- Assist in video inspections of sewer lines.
- Provide field documents and maintains inspection reports for GIS mapping and as-builts.
- Ability to store all pictures, reports and field data into a digital format.
- Assist in smoke and dye tests of water and sewer lines.
- Assists in inflow and infiltration studies of water and sewer lines.
- Responds to customer complaints.
- Conducts flow tests on fire hydrants.
- Provide field measurements and verifies quantities of installed work and stored material for pay request
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of water and sewer construction practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of water and sewer contract specifications and payment procedures.
- Knowledge of water testing procedures.
- Knowledge of department policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn the City of Cartersville water and sewer system.
- Knowledge of basic math skills and computer skills.
- Skill in record-keeping.
- Ability to learn the use of line location and leak detection equipment.
- Skill in the use of video cameras and equipment.
- Knowledge of a variety of engineering and surveying tools and equipment.
- Skill in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
- No less than 4 years of either installation, inspections or supervision of water and sewer construction.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position of two years or more.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Possesses the knowledge of basic computer skills such as; Microsoft word, excel, office and the ability to transfer pictures and other documents into a digital format.
Ideally located with easy access to Atlanta and the North Georgia Mountains, Cartersville offers a community with a small-town feel while providing exceptional retail, restaurants, and cultural opportunities.
The City offers an excellent total compensation package to include a competitive salary, retirement benefits, medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; short and long-term disability insurance; generous Paid Time Off (PTO), paid sick leave, and 11 paid holidays.
Interested in applying? Please submit an application and/or resume in PDF format only to Human Resources at HR@cityofcartersville.org or in person at 1 N. Erwin St. Cartersville, GA 30120. Please direct any questions to Human Resources 770-387-5685.