Huitt-Zollars' Houston office has an immediate full-time Civil Drainage Project Manager opportunity. This role manages design of drainage and/or coastal engineering projects for HZ's diverse portfolio of projects with public agencies including the US Army Corps of Engineers, Harris County Flood Control District, Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept., cities, counties and other agencies in Texas. The successful candidate will be a licensed engineer in the state of Texas with project management experience in Houston including the Texas Gulf Coast area. This is an excellent opportunity for a civil engineer to expand their design project management experience and portfolio with a variety of notable projects.
HZ is a leading full-service design firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
- Project manage drainage and coastal engineering projects for local cities, counties and agencies in the Houston area.
- Work with staff to prepare drainage impact studies and design drainage systems for civil, municipal and site development projects.
- Works collaboratively with engineers in Drainage Group to deliver projects on schedule
- Interface and coordinate with clients
- Oversee preparation of drainage design, reports and construction drawings
- Conducts site visits and document findings
- Attend, record and distribute meeting minutes and assist with project correspondence
- Prepare graphic materials, documents and presentations for clients
- Texas registered PE
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Houston area and the Texas Gulf Coast
- Bachelors' Degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on hydraulics, hydrology or coastal engineering
- Ability to prepare civil engineering documents and specifications
- Ability to present in a meeting
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-discipline team
- Solid verbal and written communication
- Experience utilizing GIS, HAS-RAS and Civil 3D is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
We offer a competitive benefit and compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life, long/short-term disability plans and two retirement plans: 401(k) and ESOP.
Please apply online at: https://external-huitt-zollars.icims.com
Job ID No: H133
Huitt-Zollars is an equal opportunity employer.