Come join the Farnsworth Group team and find out why our employees have earned us the Great Place to Work certification for several consecutive years! Farnsworth Group is a 130-year-old, employee-owned full-service Engineering, Architecture and Land Surveying firm with approximately 500 employees. We can provide employment opportunities located throughout a nationwide network of offices. Give us a closer look and discover why we are a Great Place to Work!
Farnsworth Group is seeking a full time Water Resources Engineer within our Civil Engineering department, reporting to our Champaign, IL office with the flexibility to be based in Bloomington, or Peoria, IL offices. We are searching for a candidate with a solid technical background, a strong sense of project ownership/responsibility, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment. Work will include hydraulic/hydrologic studies, stream stabilization and restoration design projects, and stormwater management (traditional and green infrastructure practices) design projects for external and internal clients.
- Design a variety of water resources engineering projects
- Perform hydraulic and hydraulic modeling and analysis
- Conduct floodplain and drainage studies
- Design and develop computations for natural channel design components, green infrastructure, traditional storm water management, storm drains, and erosion and sediment control.
- Prepare reports on engineering analyses and model results
- Coordinate with local, state, and federal agencies to determine stormwater requirements and facilitate permit approvals
- Work directly with clients and design team on stormwater design considerations
- Assist with business development efforts
Specific Requirements include:
- BS in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering or a closely related field
- 5 plus years of water resources engineering experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Experience with H&H modeling software required. Software may include EPA-SWMM, Info-SWMM, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, and Hydraflow Hydrographs.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and GIS preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player that can manage and contribute to several projects simultaneously
- Experience working with clients
- Willingness to participate in business development activities
- Passion for water resources and stormwater management
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program that includes:
- 401(k) with 100% Company Match up to 5%
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- Professional Development and Training
- Wellness/Fitness Reimbursements
- Mentoring Program
- Paid Time Off
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
Statement on Diversity and Inclusion:
Farnsworth Group is a collection of employees with unique backgrounds and perspectives that all come together to make us a better Company. It is our goal to recruit, hire, develop, retain, and promote a diverse group of people. Join us…and let’s make a difference, together.
For immediate consideration, please Apply Online by clicking on the link below
or visit the Farnsworth Group website at www.f-w.com and click on the careers link.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.