The Area Director serves as a main point of contact with the communities and towns served. He/She must therefore develop and maintain relationships with representatives of these communities as relates to Aqua America’s service and work performed. The Area Director also manages two managers who direct completion of maintenance and construction activities within the Eastern Division. He/She is an active participant in and reviews all work performed by Aqua employees and contractors to ensure quality work is completed in accordance with safety policies and regulations. He/She is also responsible for managing the Division’s operating and capital budgets.
$124,000.00 - $150,000.00 (Yearly Salary)
Direct and supervise maintenance and construction of the distribution system, including water mains, services, fire hydrants and other related facilities in the Eastern Division.
Oversee contractors performing work on the annual pipe and paving contract and bid jobs. Controls expenditures on all authorized water main replacement and extensions completed for company and developer work in the Eastern Division.
- Coordinate the work of personnel reporting to the Eastern Division, who are managed by other department managers, including Fleet and Stores attendants.
- Prepare Capital and Operating Budgets for the Eastern Division and control expenditures under same.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with other departments within the company.
- Act as liaison with municipal and state officials. Maintain favorable relations and enhance Company image with the public.
- Oversee work of the Administrative Unit in the Eastern Division including AutoCAD Operations, training and testing procedures, and administrative support positions.
- Review reports submitted by Maintenance and Construction managers in the Eastern Division and evaluate productivity of work performed.
- Assure that work management practices are utilized to properly staff jobs, forecast workload and reduce backlog.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, Penn DOT and Company regulations pertaining to safety and methods of performing maintenance and construction functions within the Eastern Division, including active participation and review of all work performed by Aqua employees and contractors.
- Administer the performance appraisal program for appropriate personnel.
- Participate in the implementation of the Company’s affirmative action plan to ensure that opportunities for employment and advancement, based upon qualifications, are afforded to all females and minorities and others.
- Ensure that all Maintenance Connection and Banner work orders for services, hydrants, mains, paving patches and other activities are completed in a timely fashion.
- Evaluate and test new products relating to maintenance and construction activities.
- Ensure timely completion of projects in accordance with the budget. Complete Distribution System Improvement Charge (DSIC) and Repair Tax Credit (RTC) work in accordance with scheduled filing dates. Track project expenditures to ensure job expenditures do not exceed budgeted amounts and complete trade-offs where necessary in a timely manner.
- Work with company personnel in actively pursuing acquisitions in water and wastewater using contacts with borough and township officials.
- Responsible for ensuring that customer service is maintained at the highest levels, interruptions to service are at a minimum and unaccounted-for water is reduced and maintained at desired levels.
- Oversee the construction, maintenance and administrative functions of the Eastern Division.
Budgetary Responsibilities Develop and oversee annual budget for Willow Grove Operations.
Personnel Responsibilities Direct supervision of 2 managers and 1 administrative coordinator; indirect reports of 2 field supervisors, 2 administrative employees and 40 union employees.