The Pinery Water and Wastewater District is seeking a Water Maintenance Technician / Water Operator to provide mechanical support for the District’s water treatment and distribution systems. The Pinery WSD is a water and wastewater service provider located in eastern Douglas County dedicated to providing “Quality Water for LIFE” to nearly 15,000 customers. If you are interested in joining a team that values integrity, accountability, collaboration, communication, and safety please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General job duties include but are not limited to:
- Inspects and performs preventive and emergency maintenance on various pumps (vertical turbine, split case horizontal, diaphragm and paristaltic), pump control valves, surge anticipator valves / tanks, pressure reducing valves, seals, bearings, gear boxes, mixers, compressors, chemical systems, flow control valves, altitude valves and backflow devices.
- Monitors and inspects equipment for vibration, oil condition, packing leaks, bearing temperature and output capacity. Builds and maintains a proper CMMS greasing program. Maintains an
- adequate inventory of parts.
- Performs inspections and maintenance on District facilities: including buildings, HVAC systems, plumbing fixtures, roofs, skylights, windows, doors, locks, hatches, fences and gates. Performs general housekeeping duties.
- Performs routine maintenance of District field / shop equipment: including trucks, mowers, snow blowers, portable pumps and generators. Occasional operation of heavy equipment; backhoe, tractor and skid steer.
- Helps plan scheduled maintenance work according to manufacturer specifications. Organizes equipment repair and/or replacements with other departments and contractors to prevent outages and to minimize downtime.
- Performs duties in a manner consistent with the stated values of the organization.
- Will participate in an on-call rotation responding to emergencies in the distribution system and at the water treatment facilities.
- Provide excellent customer
Candidate must have:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years of demonstrated experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and a drug screen prior to commencement of employment.
- Working knowledge of water distribution and wastewater treatment operations, facilities, processes and equipment is helpful
- A valid Driver’s License and acceptable motor vehicle record.
- A State of Colorado Water Treatment Level D Certification and / or a State of Colorado Class 1 Distribution Certification, or the ability to acquire these within 18 months of date of hire.
- Ability to regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Pass random drug and alcohol testing
Compensation dependent upon qualifications; starting pay is targeted between $24 - $32 per hour. The Pinery WSD offers a comprehensive benefits package including a generous retirement saving plan where employees are immediately eligible for a 6% employer contribution and 6% company match.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. This position is open until filled.