IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY, CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN ONLINE APPLICATION BEFORE THE CLOSING DEADLINE.
$32.76 - $46.63 / Hourly
The Irvine Ranch Water District is accepting applications for an Electrical Technician who under general supervision will perform a wide variety of skilled journey-level duties in maintenance, design, modification, construction, installation, and repair of electrical and electronic systems, analytical and safety instrumentation, machinery, motors, equipment, devices, plant control systems, and related facilities of District domestic and reclaimed water distribution systems, sewage collection systems and water treatment.
Summary of Duties:
- Install, maintain, calibrate, repair, troubleshoot, test, and modify:
- Electrical equipment and systems – electric motors, motorized valves, hand and power tools, conduit and wire systems, electrical inspections and start-up testing, building and area lighting, repair enunciation systems, access control systems, cathodic protection, etc.
- Control Systems –Motor controls, variable frequency drives (VFD's), engine controls, lighting controls.
- Power Distribution Systems – 5 KV power distribution systems, switchboards, motor control centers (MCC's), transformers, power panels, grounding systems, generators, automatic transfer switches, uninterruptable power supply (UPS) systems, solar arrays, etc.
- Ability, when called upon, to work on analytical instrumentation, safety instrumentation and process control instrumentation.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings, schematics, power distribution drawings, control panel wiring diagrams, and installation manuals for electrical and instrumentation systems. Provide working drawings.
- Perform preventive, corrective, predictive, and demand maintenance on all electrical systems.
- Requisition supplies, materials, tools and equipment utilizing a computerized Purchase Requisition system.
- Process and track work orders utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management system (CMMS).
- Ability to utilize the Oracle and other District utilized computerized system(s).
- Coordinate and work with outside agencies and companies to complete assigned tasks.
- Participate in the department after hours standby program.
- Work in vaults and other confined spaces utilizing proper safety techniques and equipment in accordance with Cal-OSHA, District, and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Comply with District safety work-related practices and attend relevant safety training.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to the completion of 15 semester units of college electronics or the technical school equivalent in the area of electricity or electronics and two years of journey level experience installing and maintaining industrial or production electrical and electronic equipment is required.
- Associate's Degree or technical school certification equivalent in electricity or electronics is preferred.
- Valid Class 'C' California Driver's License required.
- Grade I CWEA Electrical/Instrumentation Technologist Certificate desired.
For a complete job description, please visit: Electrical Technician Technician Job Description
For more information regarding our benefits, please visit: Benefits Information