Veolia provides Operations and Maintenance to the City of Richmond for its Wastewater Treatment Plant, sanitary sewer collections system and storm water conveyance system.
Summary: The Collection System Technician performs a variety of skilled, semi-skilled, and manual work in the cleaning, locating and inspection of the wastewater collection system and storm water conveyance system; operate a variety of light construction equipment and wastewater system cleaning an maintenance equipment.
- Responsible for operating heavy equipment including a HVVC combination truck, power Rodder and portable hydraulic cleaning unit.
- Perform a variety of cleaning & inspection work including rodding, hydro flush cleaning, CCTV inspection & locating.
- Assist in maintaining and caring for assigned tools & equipment.
- Sit to drive or ride in vehicle, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel & twist while getting in & out of truck/vehicles, working in sewage; perform simple & power grasping, pushing & pulling, fine manipulation, use feet to operate foot controls, lift of carry weight of 100 pounds, hear traffic noise, & observe oncoming traffic for safety.
- Required to communicate via radio & hear radio dispatch signal.
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled & manual work involved in the maintenance, cleaning, & closed circuit television inspection of sewer lines & structures.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Learn, observe all safety precautions as required by the Company, including, but not limited to, state and federal General Industry Safety Directives, may be required to enter confined spaces.
- Ability to serve on 24 hour call rotation, nights and weekends to work overtime in response to emergency situations and alarms.
- As a condition of employment, must live within 30 minutes of the office/garage to respond to emergencies, work shift, on-call, weekends, and holidays as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of a collections system or wastewater treatment plant, or related field.
- Must be in possession or have the ability to obtain CDL class B license with tanker endorsement within 6 months of hire.
- Must be in possession or have ability to obtain CWEA Grade 1 certification within 1 year of employment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must maintain safe & efficient working conditions including housekeeping.
- Ability to perform considerable walking, climbing, moderate to heavy lifting and carrying.
Please send all resumes to email@example.com.