Water Resources Asset Program Manager
SALARY: $76,814.40 - $111,675.20 Annually
STATUS: Full-Time Regular
FLSA: Exempt position, not eligible for overtime compensation.
OPENING DATE: 11/29/21
CLOSING DATE: 01/31/22 11:59 PM
Located in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale, Arizona is bordered by Phoenix to the west and the McDowell Mountains on the east. Scottsdale is annually rated among the nation's most desirable communities to live in, visit and do business in. Check out more about Scottsdale.
The application and supplemental questions are an integral part of the selection process, and must be completed in full in order for you to be considered as a candidate. Please complete each section and answer all questions as thoroughly as possible. DO NOT state “See resume” in lieu of answering. Unanswered questions, incomplete responses, omissions, or partial information may result in disqualification from the selection process.
About The Position:
Responsible for coordinating and managing the activities of the Water Resources Division Asset
***Please Note: This position has been posted with Preferred experience. Based on the needs of the City, those whose qualifications meet the preferred requirements of a bachelor's degree (as indicated in the minimum qualifications below) will be given first review.***
Please Note: Based on the needs of the city, this posting has been extended for three weeks; it closes Monday, January 31, 2022.
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of this position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include an interview panel and skills assessment.
Final selection is contingent upon a background check which includes:
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
- Drug Testing
- Motor Vehicle Department Records Check
Click here to view the entire job description.
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science or a closely related field from an accredited educational institution.
- Five years of professional experience related to management of infrastructure assets in a public utility, manufacturing or industrial environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and job-related experience may substitute for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Preferred: Program and project management experience.
- Preferred: Those with a bachelor's degree in engineering, science or a closely related field from an accredited educational institution will be given first review.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted Arizona driver's license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date.
- Preferred: Professional Engineering (PE) registration.
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on division/section assignment.
- Performs Asset Management related activities including condition assessments, report preparation and operating and Capital Improvement Project (CIP) budget development.
- Plans, organizes, and manages the activities and budget for the maintenance, repair, and asset management of Water Treatment, Water Reclamation, Water Distribution, and Wastewater Collection/Irrigation Systems under the administrative direction of the Planning and Engineering Director.
- Provides technical assistance to asset owners for assessment needs, condition rating, reporting, cost development, and strategic infrastructure management.
- Works cooperatively with the operations managers in both Water Services and Water Reclamation Services to develop, implement, monitor, and enforce Division goals and objectives, policies, and procedures, and recommends necessary changes.
- Prepares reports and presentations to Water and Water Reclamation Services management focused on Key Performance Indicators that target operational and business goals.
- Ensures the quality of maintenance for the Divisions water and wastewater infrastructure assets through use of maintenance and reliability planning and a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Identifies methods to integrate CMMS, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), inventory, and workforce management into the Asset Management Program (AMP).
- Coordinates reliability and condition assessment activities associated with the equipment, structures and systems.
- Coordinates reliability and condition assessment activities associated with the water and sewer equipment and systems.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Most work is performed in a City office environment.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer, telephone, calculator, copy and fax machines requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand and eye movement.
- Travel to/from meetings and various locations to include field visits to water/wastewater treatment, distribution and collection sites.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified
applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939)
may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
FILE APPLICATIONS ONLINE AT: http://www.scottsdaleaz.gov
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
9191 E. San Salvador Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
WATER RESOURCES ASSET PROGRAM MANAGER
Water Resources Asset Program Manager Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. Can you, after employment, submit proof of your legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship from the City of Scottsdale or any other employment requirement/restriction that would impact your potential employment with the City of Scottsdale?
* 2. Do you have a valid, unrestricted driver's license with no major citations within the last 39 months of hire? NOTE: "Unrestricted" means you are not limited on where and when you can drive and/or you are not required to have a car breathalyzer installed to operate your vehicle.
* 3. Do you have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in engineering, science or a closely related field from an accredited educational institution? NOTE: If you answered yes to this question, you must include this information in the "Education" section of your application.
* 4. Do you have at least 5 years of professional experience related to management of infrastructure assets in a public utility, manufacturing, or industrial environment? NOTE: If you answered yes to this question, you must include this information in the "Work Experience" section of your application.
* 5. Do you have Professional Engineering (PE) registration? NOTE: If you answered yes to this question, you must include this information in the "Licenses & Certifications" section of your application.
* 6. Do you have Water and Sewer Infrastructure Asset Program and project management experience? If yes, please explain and include any experience with facility operations. NOTE: If you answered yes to this question, you must include this information in the "Work Experience" section of your application. If you do not have this experience, write "NA."
* 7. Do you have experience in asset management and practices utilizing appropriate analytical methods and tools to assess condition and remaining useful life of vertical and linear infrastructure assets? NOTE: If yes, please explain. If you do not have this experience, write "NA."
* Required Question