Minimum of a CA Grade IV Wastewater Operator or T-4 Water Treatment Operator Certification, 10 years of water industry experience and a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager, the CPO has responsibility for managing the day-to-day operation of the LVL Advanced Water Treatment Facility (AWTF). The CPO shall function in a supervisory capacity, as well as performing the same duties as the subordinate Lead Operator. The CPO shall oversee and coordinate daily operation and maintenance tasks in accordance with PERC Water’s QA/QC standards.
This Advanced Water Treatment System has a capacity of approximately 8.0 MGD and employs Ultra Filtration and Reverse Osmosis membrane technologies followed by Advance Oxidation Process. The high-quality treated effluent is injected into the aquifer to prevent sea water intrusion. The facility operates twenty-four hours per day and is staffed ten hours per day with highly skilled operators and technicians. The system includes a SCADA and control system with remote access and control.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the assets of the facility, associated personnel and clients
- Supervise and manage operation & maintenance personnel including significant responsibility for training, performance evaluations, hiring and discipline
- Manages implementation and ongoing utilization of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for tracking Asset Management
- Interact with regulatory agencies and clients
- Assistance with Start-Up and Training of Design Build Projects
- Review Design Build Plans for new Facilities
- Analyze and resolve problems with process and/or equipment
- Review lab tests and interpret data
- Create and distribute client, regulatory and operating data reports
- Prepare and coordinate regulatory programs as required by permit
- Maintain compliance with regulatory permits
- Oversee and perform process adjustments to maintain treatment process compliance
- Perform other duties and participate in the operation of other PERC Water facilities on an as needed basis
- Manage Operations Budgets
- Travel to various jobsite locations
- Client Interface including attending monthly operations meetings
- Prepare Monthly Operations Reports
- Manage Capital Replacement projects specific to assigned facilities
- Facilitate Facility Tours
- Promote and adhere to PERC Water’s written corporate Safety program
- Maintain acceptable attendance per PERC Water standards
- Assist and train other water and wastewater operators on process techniques etc.
- Attend business development meetings when applicable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Must possess a high degree of self-motivation and exhibit strong leadership skills.
2. Ability to work in close proximity and in concert with others.
5. Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
6. Must possess good verbal, written and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with coworkers, supervisor and the general public, Ability to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
7. General computer knowledge; good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Body Positions: Standing, sitting for extended periods of time, walking.
• Body Movements: Use of hands, eyes, arms and voice. Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 pounds on a regular basis. Must be able to climb up and down stairs and ladders.
• Must be able to climb on, or into facility equipment and systems (Confined Space Training required).
• Must be able to work weekends, nights or holidays as needed. Willingness to travel a plus.
• On call as required
• Language ability includes reading, writing, spelling, and the ability to communicate clearly on business topics in English.
PERC Water Corporation is a water recycling company focused on returning water to nature. We seek to hire productive workers and innovative thinkers for all positions within the company. PERC encourages all employees to take ownership of the processes they are part of and responsible for. We design, build, operate and manage water recycling facilities throughout the United States, are committed to producing water of the highest quality, and guarantee the risks associated with water recycling for every client. Company Web site: www.percwater.com
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Employer sponsored medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance; Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time. Company sponsored 401k Plan
To Apply: E-mail resume and a brief cover letter/e-mail introduction to: email@example.com
Employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Must have a valid CA Driver’s License and be able to provide proof of insurance.