The Construction Supervisor is a key member of the District's leadership team who directs and oversees the activities of the Construction and Maintenance Department. The ideal candidate has several years of construction supervisory experience at a water utility and offers strong leadership, project management, and team development skills. Rainbow Municipal Water District offers an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to promote operational excellence and have a direct impact on the success of the District.
The Construction Supervisor directs and oversees construction projects including the installation, maintenance, repair and operation of appurtenances, water mains, service lines, fire hydrants, pumps, and motors used to collect, pump, distribute, and store water. You will perform a variety of supervisory, technical, and administrative duties, including but not limited to:
- Training and supervising the Utility Workers on the construction crew.
- Using the GIS and electronic asset management systems to plan and track the Department's jobs and schedule job assignments, maintenance, repairs, and shut-downs; obtains permits needed for construction projects.
- Visiting job sites to oversee activities, ensuring that jobs are being completed according to plans and district standards, and ensuring that all safety procedures are being followed.
- Managing the Construction Department's annual budget; monitoring labor costs, and managing the performance of the construction crew members.
- Working with Engineering on Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) to review plans, specifications, submittals, and other documents.
To view the complete job posting and apply, visit:
ARE YOU THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THIS JOB?
- You have a natural drive for excellence, and you have applied this passion to your career in the water industry to positively impact operational efficiency.
- You actively mentor and coach your team members, taking a firm but fair approach to accountability and providing continuous feedback and encouragement that promotes a culture of excellence.
- You have project management experience on small and large-scale water infrastructure maintenance and repair projects, taking projects from cradle to grave while holding staff and contractors accountable for timely and in-budget results.
- You embrace technology, and can easily understand how to leverage asset management systems, GIS systems, other digital solutions to extend the life of assets, stay on track with planned maintenance, and manage costs effectively.
- You pay attention to the important details, which shines through when you are negotiating or managing contracts with vendors, monitoring contract compliance, and ensuring adherence to the Administrative Code.
- Quality and safety are not just checkboxes for you - your commitment to excellence drives you to ensure that every job site is managed efficiently, safely, and completed with the highest quality standards.
Education, experience, and certifications:
- You value learning and have continued your education with a Certificate or Associate's Degree in Water Technology, but your preferred method of learning is by diving into hands-on learning opportunities in the field.
- You have a deep understanding of water distribution and treatment systems, as evidenced by your certifications a D4 Water Distribution Operator and T2 Treatment Operator or higher.
- You have spent several years "in the trenches" in the water industry, and at least three years in a lead or supervisory role.
- Though you may not do it every day since becoming a supervisor, you probably have hands-on experience in pipeline welding and have had a class "A" License with air brake and tanker endorsements.